Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Who I am...Chosen with purpose!

As a young pastor's wife I used to wonder when I would reach maturity that would make me the "model" pastor's wife...would I learn to play the piano or organ, learn to be less demonstrative, passionate or simply quiet.  Would wisdom teach me when to speak and when not too?  All of these things circled within my heart and mind and I rest that I am found worthy covered in the blood

Years have passed and the more I see the wives of leaders the more I am convinced that God uses messed up, broken things and that maybe this choas that he has redeemed within me is exactly what it needs to be to live the life he's called us to.

I am the blessed wife of an incredible leader.  I am honored that I am the mother of countless children, all whom have been birthed through love and the gospel through biological, adoption, and discipled/mentored means as a gift of which I far from deserve.

If my life ended today; I am more than abundantly blessed with far more than some search their whole lives to find.

I am a great many things, outside of Christ all amount to very little...
I wrestle with the balance of raw authencity and transparent genuiness that is unrestrained with rectless abandonement for God and man

I have messed up more times than I can count and I have experienced victory more times than I should have had the privlege of

I have learned so much and yet have countless more things to learn

I am in a daily battle; yet consumed with peace that passes all understanding

I don't knowGod's reasoning for a great many things except that He is God and I am not.
I continue to struggle with the whys and hows but I have been created for a life beyond myself...

My passions, my convictions they daily drive me - inspire me to live this life far beyond earthly measures...to seek the eternal-the unseen...absolute greatness of seeing lives changed and souls saved for the glory of God

Unashamedly I have courage...I don't know why-I shouldn't. I am nothing and yet I KNOW in Christ I have all authority through Him and therefore I fear nothing because I trust in HIM Alone; I wonder if I share with David, Moses, Paul or Peter and even more humbly JESUS

I love so deeply...So deeply that I feel it's passions become offensive - OFTEN and yet I am not sorry.
I love Jesus and I am so thankful for His love of me; For His grace and mercy

The truth shall set us free and in that truth I need the freedom of the power of the Spirit to stir more justice, grace and mercy within me - Forgiveness - Righteousness

I am thankful He chose me and ever so imperfectly I live in that purpose and calling and desire more everday to know HIM more, be used mightily, in great faith to expect Him to show up and show out, to live fully who He created me to be and to see HIM made famous  NO MATTER WHAT

His love story in our lives is beyond explaination
and yet He is the answer


No comments: